Terms & Conditions
IN A NUTSHELL - the basics
Sonkai is a genuine and small independent business with a tiny team of real, honest and pretty nice people.
The important bit is that we care - care about us, you (our customers) and with that the security and sanity for everyone involved. We are passionate about offering quality products, about being completely fair and respectful to you and ourselves. Whatever we can do to help, we will.
- Please remember that colour, size and finish may appear different on your screen to real life. All measurements are approximate but as close as can be.
- Please ask us for any more information or advice that would help you with your purchase if you are at all unsure. All information is what it says on the tin, no hidden costs, no vague descriptions.
- Please - no fraud! Be over 18, use your own card and make sure know your rights and ours in case of any issue.
ON A WAFFLE - covering it all
Dated 17th August 2012
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Sonkai Ltd. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of the United Kingdom only.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
2. You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
3. On registration, we provide you with a password.
4. We reserve the right to terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
5. Our products are currently available for purchase on-line by registered users within the United Kingdom only.
Our Website Products
6. Our products are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age or have the authority from your parent/ guardian to do so.
7. All prices are in Great British Pounds (GBP) and are inclusive of VAT. We endeavour to ensure that all prices shown are current and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we undertake to fulfil your order at the price listed at the time you ordered.
8. The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order. We do our utmost to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, however, in the unfortunate event that we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. You may then choose to proceed with the order at the correct price or to cancel and receive a full refund. If we are unable to contact you within 2 working days of the order being placed, we will automatically cancel the order and refund you the original amount paid.
9. We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website, however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. All measurements are approximate but as accurate as possible. Where we become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
10. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
11. Our products are for sale to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age or have authority from your parent / guardian to proceed.
12. We supply and despatch our products purchased through the website to customers within the United Kingdom only.
13. We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
14. Packaging and postage is currently free of charge but we reserve the right to change this at any time.
15. When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address, telephone contact and credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
16. We undertake to accept or reject your order within 48 hours. If we have not responded to you within 48 hours, your offer is deemed to be rejected. We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your offer to purchase however the most likely reason for rejecting your offer will be that we do not currently have that product in stock.
17. Delivery of your ordered product/s will be as set out on our website. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the order page.
18. All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we despatch the goods.
19. We undertake to reimburse you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition. If you wish to return a faulty or damaged product, you must notify us by email. Please see our Returns Policy webpage where we set out our requirements relating to return of such goods.
20. We also undertake to exchange or refund any undamaged products purchased from us so long as it is returned within 14 days of purchase for a full refund or within 30 days of purchase for an exchange. The item(s) must be returned in the original and unused condition, in the original gift box with a copy of the receipt and diamond certificate (where applicable).
21. Please note that due to Health and Safety laws, earrings must be returned with the sealed packaging intact unless the item is faulty.
22. You must notify us your intent to return the item by email within 14 days of purchase. If undamaged goods are returned to us for exchange, we do not refund any packing and postage charges. Return of undamaged goods for exchange or refund is entirely at your cost and risk.
23. If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods (where applicable), we undertake to reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase.
24. Once you have notified us by email that you wish to return faulty, damaged or undamaged product, you may return the product to any of our stores throughout the United Kingdom so long as you provide valid proof of purchase eg. tax invoice, receipt and/or packaging slip.
25. Special Order S/O Items - These items are deemed non-returnable unless they have a manufacturing fault as they have been made to order and therefore cannot be resold. They will include any bespoke pieces or non-standard ring sizes and any item marked S/O, which will be clearly highlighted. This complies with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
26. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
27. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
28. Except as permitted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
29. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
30. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
31. You may link our website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website's contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
32. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
33. All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
34. Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
35. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
36. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
Limitation of Liability
37. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the goods and/or services again or payment of the costs of having those goods and/or services supplied again.
38. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from product/s we have supplied.
39. By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
40. If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than 30 days, we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least 7 days Notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
41. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
42. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
43. We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.